Personal data is information which identifies you and relates to you as an individual.
Techwuman Limited is committed to protecting the personal data of all the people we deal with.
This policy sets out the personal data we collect, how it is collected and used, who we share your personal data with and how long we keep it for.
The policy also covers any transfers relating your personal data, how we legally justify using it, how to contact us and other relevant information.
What Personal Data do we collect about you and how is it used?
Potential or Existing Customers: We will ask for your name, contact details and your email address so that we can contact you if you get in touch or ask us for information.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
· Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
· Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
· Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
· For certain processing purposes, we may request your consent to authorise the processing.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United Kingdom and process it there.
How we collect your Personal Data
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
· Direct interactions. You may give us your personal data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
– Purchasing services from us
– Subscribing to our mailing list
– Requesting marketing be sent to you
– Providing feedback
· Automated technologies. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect information about your device and how you use our websites and apps. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
We’re committed to keeping your personal data secure and have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Who we share your Personal Data with
We’re serious about our commitment to protecting your privacy so we do not sell any of your personal data to any third party. In order to make sure that you get the service that you expect, we will need to share your personal data with the following third parties:
- Selected trusted third-party business partners and service providers to perform services related to the contracts we enter into with you.
- Any other third parties if necessary, to comply with legal obligations or enforce agreements.
- Any other third parties if this is necessary to protect our or your rights, property, or safety and/or those of others.
We do not share your personal data with third parties for them to use for the purposes of sending you marketing information, or for those third parties to use your information for their own purposes.
We do, however share your personal data with certain companies who play an essential part in enabling us to provide our services to you, such as payment service providers, IT, professional service providers, system administration providers. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
For how long will my Personal Data be retained?
Techwuman Limited will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
In some circumstances, you can ask us to delete your data: see the section detailing your legal rights below for further information.
In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Transfers of your Personal Data
From time to time we may process (or permit a third party to process) your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) where local laws may not provide legal protection for your personal data in the same way as is applicable in the EEA and the UK. For example, when you book a trip, we will need to provide your information to local accommodation and service providers.
Whenever we send (or permit a third party to send) your personal data outside of the EEA, we will make sure that we take steps necessary to protect your data as required by applicable laws. For example, we may require the recipient to enter into particular contract terms, or we will make sure that the information that we give to them will be limited to what is needed to perform our contract with you.
If you wish to learn more about the safeguards in place to protect your personal data when we transfer it outside of the EEA, please contact us using the details provided below.
Your rights in relation to your personal data
You have certain rights in respect of the personal data that we hold about you as set out below.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You have the right to request a copy of your personal data. There are some limited exceptions to this right, such as personal data relating to others who have not consented to the disclosure of their information and information which is legally privileged.
- You may ask us to correct your personal data if that data is inaccurate.
- You may ask for personal data which identifies you to be erased. To do this we will anonymise your data by removing the information that identifies you from the data we hold in our systems. However, a separate and restricted copy of the identifying information will be kept for 7 years to meet our obligations to law enforcement, national authorities and legal proceedings.
- You may request us to stop using your personal data where we are doing so under legitimate interests unless it is needed for dealing with legal claims or we have other compelling legitimate reasons that override your rights.
- You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal data you have provided from to another organisation or provide a copy to you.
- You may request us to stop processing your personal data for marketing purposes.
- Automated decisions and profiling: We do not make automated decisions or profile you based on your personal data.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have lots of legal rights relating to your personal data. You can get more information on each of the rights below by visit the ICO’s website.
· The right to be informed
· The right of access
· The right to rectification
· The right to erase
· The right to restrict processing
· The right to data portability
· The right to object
· Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We will respond to all legitimate requests within one month.
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that your personal data is accurate. In order to assist us with this, you should notify us of any changes to the personal data that we hold by contacting us using the details provided above.
We are required to employ adequate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data from any loss, destruction, damage or unlawful disclosure.
How to contact us
If you have any questions relating to our use of your personal data, you can contact us:
Get in touch
Have a problem? We can help find a solution!
Please fill out the quick form and we will be in touch to talk about your project.